Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Westwood


I went for a walk at Westwood the other day with my friend and roommate, Andrew. The memories were flowing. Man, I bet I’ve been to that place every year of my life for such diverse reasons. We had field trips there several times a year in elementary school, getting interpretative guided hikes, looking for bugs in the pond water, examining deer droppings, huddling into a quinzhee, watching puppet shows, and petting the stuffed animals with two fingers. In recent years I have done things like snowshoeing, night hikes, and photographing the wildlife. I was hoping to see some animals on this walk, but no luck. However, we did see what the unusually warm January had done to the quinzhee.

The lake was a mirror with puddles of free water on top of the ice.

Dozens of disappearing footsteps leading from the dock onto the lake prove that the next generation of kids still come here to make their own memories. That is a good sign.

2 Comments:

At 2/03/2006 5:05 PM, Blogger Mason said...

Whoa... that's the best I've seen Westwood look in years, especially the mirror lake pic.

 
At 2/04/2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be better without that damn snow and ice--Florida

 

Post a Comment

<< Home