Monday, January 23, 2006

Genesis

One of the reasons that I started this blog is to share some of the nature photos I have taken. It seems like a less invasive way to show them then continuously bugging my friends and family. A big inspiration was this site. I am no photography expert my any means. I just got a digital camera in 2004, which is a modest $150 Fuji FinePix A330. I probably will never go hardcore with a $500+, n-MB camera with tripod and stuff, but I think digital nature photography is a great hobby. It allows me to feel creative without actually creating anything (or doing much work). Natural scenery is already there, you just have to try to capture it. Digital cameras allow you to take duplicate shots, choose the betters ones, and delete the bad ones without wasting memory card space or film. Using the LCD makes it much easier to get better shots (especially with gridlines on), plus lets you see them immediately. Looking at the photos with a large, brightly backlit monitor with the ability to zoom, run a slideshow, or edit/crop (which I really am against in principle and rarely do) is no contest versus tiny 4x6 prints. I love taking pictures and hope to continually improve at it over time.

Here are some of my favorite shots from around Minnesota
in 2004 (click on a photo to enlarge it):

Lone Lake. Minnetonka, MN,
Aug 28, 2004

Downtown. Minneapolis, MN, Sep 6, 2004



Plymouth Creek Park. Plymouth, MN, Oct 11, 2004



Lake Okabena. Worthington, MN, Dec 17, 2004



3 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 12:23 AM, Blogger Mason said...

You're doing great work--but why no moss-mask pics?

 
At 1/24/2006 9:13 AM, Blogger ZINNEL said...

OK. Fine. I'll join you in the online moss-mask club. I'll change my pic when I get home tonight.

 
At 1/28/2006 1:47 AM, Blogger Mason said...

The new profile pic is a success: Super creepy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home