Sunday, February 05, 2006

Twin Cities Wildlife

Here are some photos I took of animals around town over the last couple years:

Woodchuck,
Westwood Hills Nature Center, St. Louis Park, MN, Apr 9, 2005 (cropped)


Red-winged Blackbird, Westwood, St. Louis Park, MN, May 6, 2005

White-tailed Doe, Westwood, St. Louis Park, MN, May 6, 2005

Snapping Turtle with Painted Turtles, Westwood, St. Louis Park, MN, May 6, 2005

Red Fox Cub, Westwood, St. Louis Park, MN, May 6, 2005

This is one of two fox cubs playing around the interpretive center. They didn’t stay still long enough to get a good shot of them together. This capped off a crazily lucky hour-long hike through the nature center. Besides those pictured, I also saw geese with goslings in the grass, trumpeter swans on the lake, mallards on the shore, and a wild turkey in the woods. I’ve never seen so many types of animals in one place before - outside the zoo anyway. I’m glad I brought my camera.

Young White-tailed Buck,
Bryant Lake Park, Eden Prairie, Jul 1, 2005 (cropped)

I saw this while playing on the great Frisbee gold course at Bryant.

White-tailed Buck,
Westwood Hills Nature Center, St. Louis Park, MN, Nov 6, 2005 (cropped)



Squirrel diversity:

Black Squirrel, Loring Park, Minneapolis, MN, Sep 6, 2004

Albino Squirrel, Hidden Falls Park, St. Paul, MN, Oct 29, 2005

1 Comments:

At 2/08/2006 2:44 AM, Blogger Mason said...

For me, black squirrels have always been creepier than albino squirrels. But I guess that's because back in the old neighborhood, we had a resident albino.

"Da-ddyee, OI want a skwer-rul."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home