Sunday, January 29, 2006

Simply Brilliant

Mason, you beat me to it. I got the link to top Check Norris facts in an email last week, but you got it up on your blog first. Congratulations. Man, those are great. I think Stefan said there is a movie where Bruce Lee kicks Chuck Norris' ass... but I don't believe it.

Restaurant News:

About a year ago, I had begun to burn out on Chipotle. Although it is perhaps the greatest fast-food restaurant of all time, the excitement of trying all of the burrito/fajita options had worn off. I had gotten in a rut of the steak fajita. But then one magical evening a few weeks ago, the three wise men (Mason, Grant, and Stefan) ordered a burrito bowl and added a side of chips. I was apprehensive at first (I know, be a man!), but I finally gave in. Wow! These are hands down the greatest nachos ever: marinated steak, black beans, rice, cheese, lettuce, tomato, corn, and hot chili salsa. I feel stupid for never having thought of such a glorious fix to my fast food Mexican blues. This had rekindled my love of that fine establishment. Unfortunately, this is unhealthy. Oh well.

To continue that down note, I noticed last week that our old friend Embers on I-394 has closed. Poor thing. Rest in peace. I’ll always remember how you were with that free coffee cake if I ordered an entree. I wonder if the day they closed, a bunch of old folks banged on the door until they passed out like in that South Park episode where they locked the Country Kitchen.

Embers, I apologize that I will not avenge your death, for mighty Perkins has something you never had - the chicken tender melt.

1 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger Mason said...

Man, all those band meetings, Emberger Royales I ate, creamers Danecek drank, the Embergency Exit Damian stole... all gone.

Makes me hungry for a CTM.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home